itching burning skin rash

Hi my name is Samir. I have been suffering from an extremely itchy skin rash for at least 5 years. It started on my eyelids, and the doctor prescribed me a cortisone cream, but the problem is recurring to this day. Then 4 years ago, i developed a skin rash in my groin area around my testicles and on the inner thighs and around the anus. then this year, the problem has spread to my lower stomach, underneath the elbows, and the sides of my neck. The skin is scaly and reddish in these areas and it itches a lot. I thought the problem in my groin area was jock itch, so i used antifungal cream, but it didn't work. the doctors don't know exactly what it is. they assume it may be a form of eczema that will never go away. Is this some genetic problem that i will have to deal with my whole life? i want to know what it is and get rid of it once and for all, because i've been suffering from discomfort for years. it's a symmetrical problem, it is occuring on the same areas on both sides of the body. i read about a disease called dermatitis herpetiformis that seems to have similar symptoms. it was said that a gluten free diet works. So is this a nutrition related problem? I would like to get help, because i've been researching about this, and still don't know what i'm suffering from, and neither do the doctors.
I am 61 and have similar for 12 months and i have tried gluten free diet along with minerals, vitamins etc-  didnt work.  Its coming from within - perhaps deep stuff - try kinesiology - that will find the source and you can go from there. At least you will stop chasing new cures and endless practitioners.
Yours. Itch in common
From the symptoms it can be eczema skin, atopic dermatitis or psoriasis. Although steroids, are commonly used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis, there are certain other agents also which are used like immune modulator drugs e.g. tacrolimus. These are available in the form of ointments and tend to prevent the recurrence. You can discuss with your dermatologist regarding the right use.

There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.