Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.7k Members

itching toes and fingers

Hi. My toes started itching yesterday morning (January 15) at first, it was just the tip of my big toe and i scratched it and it sort of went away. I got up about 10 minutes later and noticed it felt swollen when i walked on it a bit like there was a little knot under the skin. I put my feet under the blanket I was using and the fabric rubbing up against my toes caused more itching in different places (not really anything in-between just on top and around the sides). I put some anti-iching spray on them and went about my day with them still itching on and off again. Today i woke up and they didn't start to itch until friction from walking etc. occurred. A couple hours later my two index fingers started to itch and i scratched my right finger a good bit and it became red and tinder. I went to bend my finger a few minutes later and saw that it was very swollen and hard like there was a knot under the skin. I'm not sure what to do. i asked a doctor friend of mine and he just suggested i take pepcid during the day and benadyrl at night. Any diagnosis suggestions out there?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions