itchy, big red bumps on arms with yellow centres

It started during the afternoon yesterday, i found myself madly scratching my underarm, under my elbow to my armpit. it wasnt until i got home that i saw it was all red, and these small red patches. I decided maybe i scratched too hard and did it myself. But i woke up this morning to find two randomly dotted about red lumps on my other arm. Then when i checked out the ones on my left arm from yesterday, there was 13 red raised bumps, warm to the touch and with yellowy centres! Theyre slightly smaller than a 10pence pice, but bigger than a 5pence piece.

I started to think that maybe it was my dog, that he had fleas, but he's a pure white dog, and its very easy to tell he doesnt have fleas. i did check him, and found nothing.

These 'bumps' really really itch! I've put on some insect bite cream, which i believe is an antihistamine and should help....is there anything else i could do?? nothing has changed recently, in regards to what we wash with, and my boyfriend who lives with me is itchy-bump-free! It wouldn't bother me so much it it didnt itch so much! i've put a bandage on over it, as i'm worried about scratching them and being scarred, and also they seem to have a head on them, as theyre very raised and when i put cream on, it gathered on the very top, like a spot!

Any help is gratefully received!!! I know my GP would just tell me they're insect bites and so I dont want to waste my time with him. I just hope they dont spread anywhere but my arms, its bad enough that people at work will see them, as the ones all clustered togethe ron my left underarm are huge and prominent, and look very very odd and embarrassing.

Thanks!
These can be due to allergies, contact dermatitis or insect bites. Apply calamine lotion and take some antihistaminics like Benadryl for the itching. Also wear cotton clothes. If the symptoms persist then topical steroids may be needed. For this please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.