itchy, tingling, prickly sensation all over my skin

I'm so grateful if someone actually had a good answer for me. It all started in September, I was in Costa Rica for one week and the last day I've had a shower by the beach cause we were already on our way to the airport. I started itching immediately in the car and it continued till I got back to L.A. I had a good scrub shower but the itchy, tingly feeling was still there. Like little things were under my skin. I saw my dermatologist and even though she's great, she could'n find any cause. I did demand on putting on some cream which gets ride of mites, well I thought I had itchy mites. I did acupuncture and they gave me some anti fungus treatment. Since then it comes and goes and I even had my dogs treated, the carpets steam cleaned and so on. Last week I went on a little retreat to Ojai and I've had zero itches, last night it stared again. Is it a allergy? Is it anxiety (I thought I was pretty relaxed last night and I'm aware). Do the toxins find maybe there way out trough the skin and nervous system? I'm going to detox, I already changed my diet to a very simple one to get ready.
I want to be positive and not think about it, not even meditation helps.

Anyone?

Thanks so much!!!

Yvonne
Itchy skin without rash can be due to dry skin, neurodermatitis, dermatitis, lice, scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.