itchy red skin around pubic area!

Hi i have a itchy red area in pubic area around my penis does not spread at all and is only really itchy when sweaty or its agitated. Ive been to the GUM clinic and i was clear im sexually active with the same partner for the past 7 months and she has no problems similar. Its not extremely red and doesnt look like any jock itch ive seen it hasnt spread and i have had it for 10ish months now when itched it seems like the skin is really dry and flaky.

Do you recommend a 1% clotrimazole over the counter cream to see how that goes, or do you think it could be something else?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Any one have any idea as to what this could be help is appreciated :>
Helpful - 0
The symptoms are suggestive of Jock itch. Jock itch shows up in post-adolescent men and hormonal changes during puberty,lifestyle and heredity each play a role.Predisposing fungal disease like tines cruris may also aggravate it.

Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

Helpful - 0
ok thanks for your help i shall buy an anti fungal cream/oral but which do u recommend cream or an oraly taken tablet?
Helpful - 0
You can buy any antifungal cream that is available over the counter. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

For the oral fungal treatment, prescription from a doctor is required.

I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Helpful - 0
Thanks alot for your quick feedback i will be getting the cream tommorow in the mean time keeping to what you advised and will keep u updated :) Whats the best way of determining if the fungi is going away? just a decline in the rash? Thanks alot kindd
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community