itchy scalp and rash on back of neck

i have had a itchy scalp for 2 months and now i have a rash on back of neck and is itchy.i just went to my doctor today and she said i had head lice WRONG!!! if i had head lice i would be infested with them and so wouldn't my family.i have tried t-gel,head and shoulders,scalpacin and taking benadryl.i do have a little bit of dandruff and the tops of my ears itch.i looked at the pictures for seborrheic dermatitis and my head does not look like that i have a few scabs and the rash on my neck that just came on there this past week.i DO NOT HAVE HEAD LICE she doesn't know what she is talking about.she said i had a few nits and when she showed me what she found i said please that is dandruff she said she couldn't find any live ones.hello that is because i don't have HEAD LICE!! so what do you think could be wrong with me? this itching and scratching is getting on my last nerve!!
Is is just in one or two spots? I have these two spots on my head that are just driving me nuts. And I also know its not Head Lice. I've had them when I was younger. It itches all over all the time. What I have is just in two spot. I thought maybe since my daughter had ringworm a couple months back that that might be it, but the medicine only works for alittle while.  I haven't seen a doctor regarding this yet, but I'll guess I'll have too. It won't go away, and it's driving me nuts. Also it doen't look to good constantly scratching my head at the office. If you find anthing out please let me know.
I have the exact same thing that you have.. A couple of weeks ago I got sick with sinus infection and had a fever so my doctor prescribed an antibiotic  "AMOXTR-K CLV"  during my 4th day of taking it i noticed my head starting itching and then the back of my neck and also top of my ear, so I called my doctor and he told me to stop taking the medication and instructed me to take Benadryl for the itch.  I did exactly what I was told but rashes and itch still didn't stop.  When I felt better I went to my doctor's office and showed him the rashes, he told me that it was "medicine rash" and he prescribed "MethyPREDNISolone" and instructed me to take it with Benadryl which I did.  But as soon as I'm done with the medication the rashes and the itch came back..It is so annoying especially it keeps me up at night.
Doctors NEVER know what a rash is. They just guess. I have the same thing and was told I had Foliculitis. I was given an antibiotic and some antibiotic/antibacterial cream and two weeks later I still have the rash and it itches like crazy. I can't afford to keep going back to the doctor so they can guess a new rash diagnosis.
I have an itch all over my body which started as a rash but the rash has gone but the itch remains absolutely crazy. No one has an answer. I need expert advise as this could be an underlying cause!
I'm the girl who wrote the post on Clindamycin.  Been having the same issues.  Has anyone got any answers?  I'm afraid this will never go away.
I have the same itch of the neck, scalp and the back of my ear and now I started itching on the eylids. It is very irritating. It starting to effect my daily life because I am too busy scratching throughout the day, not to mention I am losing a lot of hair loss I am shedding like shaggy the dog.
Help!
I have the same problem...the eyelids are the most annoying, but I never wear my hear up because of the rash on my scalp.  Cortizone cream no longer helps and nothing seems to make it go away! Any answers/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same problem - itchy scalp, neck, ears and eyes with a rash for like a month. I started taking celexa a month ago and the problems started. When I went to the dermatologist she told me that is "highly unlikely that I have an allergic reaction to the medication because of the distribution of the rash" and she suggested taking a biopsy from my neck for analysis to rule out inflammatory immune diseases. Guess what - the biopsy came back pointing that I had an allergic reaction to the medication regardless of the distribution of the rash. I am on prednisone for the rash and itching for 9 days and stopped taking the celexa.The rash and itching is gone for now.

I have the same issue
My doctor gave me a low dose steroid cream which gave me immediate relief
the cream isn't a diagnosis, but it relieves the symptoms
good luck!
I know exactly your issue. I am a licensed cosmetologist and had the same thing. You are allregic to your shampoo or conditioner. Try using Aveno oatmeal shampoo and conditioner.  You may have to use the shampoo for about 2 weeks before it goes away completely.Once you are clear use something a little more natural like Abba, Sojaun, or something from you local whole foods store. I went through the breaking out in bumps, itching and dandruff for a long time before I figured it out.
I agree.

I have the same issue and apparently it is an allergy to the sulphur in the shampoo. Sometime wine has a bad effect on me as it has sulphur in it as a preservative. My itching has got worse due to stress: my dad died suddenly 6 weeks ago.

Will try Aveno if it is SLS free.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved father and that you are going through this. I am noticing mine started when I fell under immense stress . I'm going to start washing my hair with goat's milk soap and maybe use a childrens detangler. I haven't changed anythinn as far as soap, detergent etc. I see my dermatologist tomorrow, if they say anything new, I will update.
what did ur derm say?
I am having the itchy bumps on my neck and scalp also. I have been using the shampoo and hair products for 8 months to a year and never had any problems.  Is it possible to develop an allergy after that long of a time?  It is embarrassing to constantly digging my head, I know its not lice because I have everybody and their mother check my head.  Can anybody give me any ideas.
Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one... I've had the itchy scalp, back of the neck, ears, & eyelids. It's driving me nuts & benadryl isn't helping!  I also took clindamycin recently but stopped taking it almost 2 weeks before the rash started.. I've been using the same shampoo & conditioner for months & haven't had this problem.  Has anyone else had success w/ otc creams or meds?