itchy skin

hey i have been itchy just below my tummy and between my thighs for awhile now
but it only gets itchy when i am about to go to sleep and i am lying down .What do you think this could be

thanks
Skin conditions like psoriasis,dermatitis,fungal infections, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders,diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Pls take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications. If an internal disease is found, whether it's kidney disease, iron deficiency or a thyroid problem, treating that disease often relieves the itch.Lastly,Phototherapy can also be tried.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.