Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

laundry detergent rash--what to do about it?

I have a nasty rash which started after buying a new washing machine. It is one of those that use little water. But of course you are supposed to use only a certain brand of washing powder--in this case Omomatic. I have been using this detergent, and I think that the combination of Omomatic and not a lot of rinsing water is what has caused the problem. It is now three weeks since it began, and believe it or not, it has spread like wild-fire. It began on my neck, but has now spread up both sides of my face, across the chin and forehead. I look such a mess, I am embarrased to go anywhere. The doctor has no answer for it. He sent me to pathology to be tested, but nothing showed up. It gets unbearably itchy at times, and I used to scratch it and make it bleed. I can control the scratching to some degree now (with great difficulty), but I can't control the spread of the rash. I have used all manner of creams and potions on it, some I made myself and ones the doctor prescribed and anything that is recommended to me.PLEASE HELP!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions