A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
1758222 tn?1312816600

lip

i work in the sun all day everyday, my lip got a blister on it, so i tried chapstick, then my whole lip got blisted, i thought i was alergic, but it is just the bottom lip, it is very painful and will not get better on its own, i went to the er they said maybe it was some sort of staph infection, they gave me acyclovir antibiotics and mupirocin cream, but the cream burns to badly to apply ... please help!!
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
From the symptoms the possibility of cold sores is there.

Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. You need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

Treatment includes antiviral drugs like acyclovir along with that you can take simple measure like Keep the affected areas clean and dry and if you do touch the sores, wash your hands afterward. It is especially important to avoid touching your face and eyes after you touch your sores and do not  use any creams or ointments on sores unless prescribed by your healthcare provider.

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. The first symptoms of cold sores may include pain around your mouth and on your lips, a fever, a sore throat, or swollen glands in your neck or other parts of the body. Treatment may include skin creams, ointments, and antiviral drugs like acyclovir. Hope this helps and take care.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions