lip concern

I am not sure if the topic is correct, I don't know if it's eczema or something else. I have seen pictures of lip cancer on the internet, and at times it looks like an early version...

I had a sore that was on the upper right corner of the bow of my lips. As it disappeared I developed patch of thick dry skin that would harden and peel off and form again. At times it bled, when the skin peeled off. It's not as bad now, this has been going on for a few weeks. Its dry and scaly now, and now I see that some of the pigmentation in my lips is gone, no longer pink. Skin is still rough...although not as bad. I used to have soft supple lips so for me this very different.

I am trying to get into a derm doc but not many are  covered on my plan so it will be at least another week to get in.

Any idea what this can be? No lubricant is helping, tried Burt's Bees lip care.....

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus, and they're contagious. Signs and symptoms of cold sores include:
-Small, painful, fluid-filled blisters on a raised, red, painful area of your skin
-Pain or tingling, called the prodrome, often precedes the blisters by one to two days
-Usual duration of seven to 10 days

Cold sores usually appear on your lips. Occasionally, they occur on your nostrils, chin or fingers.

Cold sores generally clear up without treatment in seven to 10 days. If you experience frequent bouts, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication to treat cold sores.

Let us know if you need any further information.

Regards.