lip infection

So I was playing a game of basketball last week and during the game my lip got cut up a couple of times. I cleaned them the best i could at the time and stopped the bleeding, but i continued to play. I looked at the cuts later when i got home and the one on the bottom inside of my lip was deeper than I thought and probably should've been stitched. I didn't do this however and someone recommended putting oragel on it to prevent infection. Well this didn't work and now my lips (top and bottom) are extremely dry, flaking and breaking out in little white blisters. I've since tried using neosporin (which for the actual cut did cut down on the infection) but my lips are still "breaking out" I had a fever as well for a couple of days and my lymph nodes were and still are kinda swollen. Im just wondering at this point if this is something that I can let burn out of my system or if I still need to see a doctor for a prescription or if there are any over the counter topical treatments I could use?
Since you had a cut with fever and swollen lymph nodes, it needs to be examined by a doctor as soon as possible. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes. It looks like infection to me.

Treatment is usually cold compresses, over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.