lips

i have been having some problems with my lips for the past month or so
about a month ago when the climate dropped my lips started to get dry and a little bit swollen
i went to my doctor and he said that i was just dehydrated. so i started drinking more water, but at times i forgot so it got better then now its back to that dry/sticky state sometimes.
today i woke up and my lips were a little bit swollen and dry. but on my upper lip right in the middle i have 2 small dark red spots i am not sure what that is , could that just be from being dehydrated and not applying enough chapstick
It can be due to cheilitis skin, dermatitis or allergic reaction to the cosmetics like lipsticks. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.