lower legs sensitivity

the area between my knees but closer to my ankles has strange color (rust brown?) . When the area itches, the skin will easily bleed and all scratching is painful and slow to heal. when i lean or press something into this area, the area holds onto the impression opposed to the area springing back quickly. The impression pops out slowly and is back to flush after 1 minute approximately. When this first started back in 2003 the skin became hard scaly and dry. I Feel it is a lot better and the affected area is smaller. can you let me know what you think this might be and what you suggest. thank you.

These symptoms can be due to contact dermatitis, stasis dermatitis, hypertrophic lichen planus , lichen simplex chronicus, venous eczema or fungal infection( usually it is itchy). I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. Till then keep your leg elevated while sitting and apply some calamine lotion of the rash.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.