lump under arm pit

what can cast a small lump under my arm pit
This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes. Treatment is usually cold compresses, over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac that fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis. It is usually painless but can become painful if infected. Then antibiotics are needed. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle be staph aureus. Treatment includes antibiotics. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.