Dermatology Community
53.8k Members
Avatar universal

lump under skin. second opinion

On my upper outer part of my right arm I started getting a little bump on there about a year or more ago. It would itch me from time to time and I thought maybe a pimple or something was coming up. Now it doesn't itch me as much. But it will still itch from time to time and it's no longer just a bump. Now if you feel on it you can feel a hard round ball underneath of the skin. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't move. I tried showing it to my doctor TWICE and both times he just blew it off and told me it was nothing. Should I listen to him? Is it nothing? Or should I try and find a dermatologist and have it looked at? Thank you for your opinions
1 Responses
4851940 tn?1515694593
Yes, listen to your doctor.

It is likely to be a lump of fat.  I have loads on both my arms.  Two hurt when I press them, so I don't press them
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions