my nose is turning red

about a week ago my nose got a small red spot on it. now it is about a half inch wide and getting bigger. it is dry and a little sore when i wipe it. i'm going on vacation in a week and would like for it to be gone by then. please help!
I can recommend you go to a Dr. and have it checked for skin cancer.. not saying it ! is but it never hurts to check. I had something similar they removed it by freezing the area.. It worked. take care and have a good vacation.. lesa
From the symptoms it can be dermatitis skin, seborrheic dermatitis or fibrous papule of the nose. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp. under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum, sometime along with bacteria, making the dermatitis more persistent. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist to get the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community