omega 3 / paleo

hi there

I've been on your paleo diet for almost 2 years now and virtually spot-free.  

One question though.  Over the last few days I started taking omega 3 fish oil tablets (Solgar 700).  These have led to an increase in my spots - a couple in new areas (cheek, jawline).  Ive also notices the same when eating an excess of salmon.

Just wondering if you could explain this?  I am keen to balance out any hormone imbalance but i seem to have a sensitivity to omega 3, or perhaps is it iodine?  Most of the literature online seems to suggest omega 3 will reduce inflammation, thereby helping reduce acne.

best wishes
It is very difficult to say what is causing these symptoms in your case but you can get it confirmed by getting skin tests and patch tests done from an allergist. Dilute extract of these ingredients is injected and the skin reaction noted.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks very much. i will get the skin/patch tests done