Dermatology Community
53.7k Members
Avatar universal

pain in testicles

have pain in one of my balls, dont know what it is..
2 Responses
Avatar universal
You need to be assessed by a physician right away.  (Without more info hard to tell what may be going on...but epiditimytis and testicle torsion are always a concern)
563773 tn?1374250139

Testicle pain is discomfort in one or both testicles. The pain sometimes radiates to the lower abdomen. Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion(most common in young men between 10 and 20 years old), excessive bicycle riding, hernia or kidney or ureteric stones.

The final diagnosis can only be made after a thorough physical examination including examination of the abdomen, scrotum, testicles and rectum.Pls consult a urologist for that.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.Hernias are to be dealt surgically.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions