petechial rash

A couple of days ago I began to break out with a ton of tiny red dots along with a few bigger size purple splotches all over my stomach. Within a day or two, they multiplied and were on my arms and legs as well. I even had a little blood blister on my stomach. I called my doctor's on call service and explained what was going on, and they were very sure it was nothing and most likely from a bug I had caught a week or two ago. I then did some investigating and found some scary possible causes, like leukemia. 2 days ago I then noticed a rather large bruise on my outer thigh that had a knot in it. I then began to completely freak out. Starting yesterday the rash began going away and is clearing up. Should I demand a blood test? Does a Petechial rash go away on its own when you have leukemia? Or was it just a nasty virus? And also, when you get a Petechial rash with a virus, is it also caused by bleeding under the skin? Thank you.

These dots can be small petechiael spots which occur in response to a viral infection. Petichiae are due to minute hemorrhage of blood below the skin. It is one of the findings in many disease condition. The diseases in which petichiae are seen are Dengue fever, Measles, Infectious mononucleosis, Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura, Scarlet fever. You should a general physician for diagnosis and treatment.  Since the rash is clearing away it could have been due to viral rashes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.