Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.5k Members

please help with unique case of discolored lips

Hi i'm an african american male in my twenties and I have had discolored lips for 2 years now. It is most likely due to my smoking habit however i have a unique case that i have not seen anywhere else. Naturally my top lip is dark and my bottom lip is pink. After i started smoking my bottom lip eventually got burned and discolored but in the middle of my bottom lip extending into my inner lip was left my natural pink color. And as for my top lip, it became discolored/went through a loss of color and a pink blotch/spot was left in the middle of my top lip , and the rest of my top lip besides the pink spot is its natural dark color. If you can imagine what I am describing then you may understand how confused i am about how any part of my top lip could turn pink when they are naturally dark and I was smoking. I have been curing my bottom lip for a few months now with a lip lightening product and it seems to be working in returning my bottom lip to its pink color. However i am oblivious as to how to return the pink spot/blotch on my top lip to sync in with the rest of my natural dark top lip color. If you have any suggestions, ideas, thoughts at all, please dont hesitate to contribute i need all the help i can get.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions