protopic and teleangiectasis rosacea

please help me. I'm 20 years old and I've had rosacea since the age of 16.  It wasn't properly diagnosed until November 2007 when I was hospitalized for severe facial redness (diagnosed via biopsy). By using Doxicycline and Ichthyol in cold cream, my rosacea was kept under control in 2008. However I started flaring back up in December and it's getting worse. Seems like my Ichthyol has lost its effectiveness and the Doxycycline isn't working either. My derm perscribed me Elidel last month. It worked ok on only one side of my face (got rid of some of the falkiness) and caused horrible sensitivity and itching to my other cheek. Is this normal? Went to the derm today and she perscribed me Protopic. I do not have any bumps, or acne lesions, pimples or pustles...just severe flushing, flaking dry skin, redness and visible blood vessels. I'm afraid to apply Protopic to my rosacea lesions. Is protopic even recommended for rosacea patients?
i am 61 yrs old and have had rosacea 15 yrs - went to numerous dermatologists and tried numerous creams, lotions, pills etc - finally found "my miracle cure" - i had red acne bumps that were painful, dreadful red face all over, my face was a "mess" - my dermatologist prescribed Clarifoam*EF (sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfur 5%) my face has been completely clear for 4 months - i can even go without makeup - all bumps and redness are gone - i tried sulfacetamide in cream but it did not help - but this combination in the emolient foam form is wonderful - it comes in an aerosol 60 g can and looks like whipped shaving cream - it is fantastic - i would recommend it to everyone - also i am allergic to sulphur!