Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

rapid onset of cherry angiomas

Hello, I'm a 24 yr old female and I have all of a sudden noticed an outburst of cherry angiomas on both of my arms. I have probably 30-40 very, very tiny red spots on the top of one arm, and about 15-20 on the other arm. I have no idea where they came from or what caused them, it seems like they appeared over night. I have one large anigomas (about the size of a pin head) on my leg. Other than that it seems like they are everywhere (they look like freckles from far away, but up close are bright red).  All I know is that I dont want them to get any bigger. How can I prevent this? Should I see my dermatologist seeing that this was sudden? Thank you
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

Cherry angiomas appear spontaneously in many people in middle age but can also, occur in young people. They can also occur in an aggressive eruptive manner in any age.Why this occurs is till not known.They are harmless and the only reason for their removal is cosmetic appearance

You can consult a dermatologist and get them removed.Methods used for their removal are cryosurgery ,electrosurgery,pulsed dye laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL).Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions