Avatar universal

rash on penis

hello , i hv noticed very small tiny rash near the bottom of my penis and on the skin of my penis last so many days. it is not itching or not red colour but it is of my skin colour i.e. black i.e. colour of my penis. these are very small tiny bumps raised. I am undergoing a treatment of allergy for house dust mites allergy and is on heavy dose of allegra.
i want to know if this rash is due to allergy ( as it should go away with allergy traement but it is not going ) or it is the result of the medication I am undegoing ? I have very small rash on my shoulders too and surely some times there is reddish inflammation of my chest skin too that goes away in 1- 2 times.
should i consult a dermotologist or forget it ?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal

The usual side effects of Allegra are dizziness, nausea or stomach upset. Are there other sign or symptoms present? If this is due to an allergic reaction to the medication (allegra), other effects such as itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue may also be observed. It would be best to inform your doctor about this.

This could also be fordyce spots or hirsuties papillaris genitalis. Fordyce's spots are small, painless, raised, pale spots or bumps  that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. Hirsuties papillaris genitalis, on the other hand,  presents as papules  appearing  as one or several rows of small, flesh-colored, smooth, dome-topped bumps situated around the glans.

Take care and regards.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
thanks doc , but it does not look like Hirsuties papillaris genitalis as i hv seen the images on net.
it must be fordyce spots . i hv not done any sex for last 1 year , so there is no possibility of any STD.
when i raise the hair around my penis by hand i look similar spots also raised with the hairs, but in the mid area of penis on the skin itself while there are no hair still there are these spots since last 2-3 months that does not itch or redish at all.

just want to know when to seek medical help for this

thanks in advance.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions