rash!

One week ago I started noticing a rash on my arms and legs. I htought it may be poison ivy and treated it with cortisone cream and oatmeal baths. two days later it had spread to cover all of my arms and legs. I went to a doctor who prescribed prednisone in a decreasing dose as well as benadryl and a topical steroid cream. none of these gave complete relief and i ended up in the emergency room with severe itching and raised, blotchy welts. i was given prescriptions for sungulair, benadryl and pepcid, as well as an IV of benadryl and a steroid. the rash doesnt appear to be hives, and has been looked at by a dermatologist and an allergist. unfortunately, the rash tends to get worse when im not at the doctors and looks mundane when i do go. it is a blotchy rash covering the tops of my forearms and upper arms, as well as all of my calves and upper thigh. the hair follicules look irritated and deep red, and i have refrained from shaving for the duration of the rash. my skin feels raised and mottled but theres been no change in diet, environment or medication. sometimes the itching is at a minimum and the rash seems almost gone, but then it flares up (usually at night) and i cant even stand it! please help, im suffering!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or eczema. Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating .Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

If the symptoms are severe then please consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.