I am a 68 yr old female who has been itchy all over for about a week, thinking that it is dry skin which I have had since my menepaus however, this is different, a have a rash neck some back on the side of my kneese. I started taking benadryl and also making an appointment with the doctor, which you cant get right away.  what would be your suggestion? as far as vitamins are concerned I take vit c1000 calcium cq10  I also take actonel 150 once a month.

Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Other possibilities are of psoriasis, dermatitis, lice, scabies and hives, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals, wool, soaps, cosmetics and certain foods .
Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and apply good quality moisturizers. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.