rashes

Does a maculopapular rash resemble eczema or dermatitis? My son has been getting a rash and the Dr said it was dermatitis. Would they know if it was a maculopapular rash?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A maculopapular rash can be due to eczema or dermatitis also. Eczema is a form of atopic dermatitis. There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Hello are you getting my reply by any chance it seems to not be working
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community