Dermatology Forum

recurring lip blister

I grew up in the sun, Hawaii and have had severely sunburned lips.  I am now 41 and the past 6 mos have had tiny blister recurrance on my bottom lip.  It comes and goes in the same spot a couple of times a month.  I do not get cold sores, although do get canker sores.  This is NOT a cold sore, it is a small blister, it heals and it keeps coming back.  I am concerned about lip cancer?
If it goes away completely between recurrences, it's probably nothing.  Still, given your history I suggest you have it checked by a doctor.  Of course, you'd need to be seen when the blister is visible.  If this is hard to arrange, a good close-up photograph to bring to the visit might help.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions