Avatar universal

red bumbs below head of penis

I am uncircumsized and for as long as I can remember ive had small red bumps under the head of my penis. what is it?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Do a search for Hirsuties papillaris genitalis, commonly referred to as "pearly penile papules"...or PPP, and see if this looks familiar to you.  It is not an STD, but a common, harmless skin condition.  I have particularly seen it mostly on uncircumsized men, but on circumsized men, as well.  You can probably still find a photo of it on answers.com.  Unfortunately, it is often confused with HPV, or genital warts.  PPP is harmless, and will likely be with you for life, but it can be alleviated with a non-surgical laser procedure, by a cosmetic surgeon.  

As others have said, a certain diagnosis can only be obtained with a clinical examination.  Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal

This could be folliculitis, acne, pimples, fordyce spots or genital warts.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and a clinical examination.

Do you have any other associated symptoms?

You could read more about fordyce spots at the following link -


Let us know about what your doctor advises and post us about any other doubts that you might have.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions