red patches

hi can you help me iv got red patches on my forehead no bumps under them just red also sometimes i get red all around my eye on the outside sometimes my eyelid swells a little bit somedays its ok and then it will just flare up again this has been happening for 7 weeks now its getting me down do you have any ideas what to use its not a rash just red patches
It can be contact dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry scales to form on oily areas esp. on face. You can treat flaking and dryness with over-the-counter dandruff or medicated shampoos. Shampoo the hair vigorously and frequently (preferably daily). Active ingredients in these shampoos include salicylic acid, coal tar, zinc, resorcin, ketoconazole, or selenium.

If the symptoms persist, then it would be best to get it confirmed from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.