red spots on sons scrotum

Hi, I am very concerned.  My son is 1 years old as of 6/28/08. Recently he brokw out in a rash in his private area and inner thigh.  Through trial and error the anti fungus cream for athletes foot cleared it up.  Now he has these red spots/bumps that are appearing all over his scrotum and they itch.  Could that be the fungus remaining or something else?

This could be a diaper rash as this is common in the groin area. Diaper rash can be caused by continuously wet diapers, infrequently changed diapers, and using plastic pants to cover the diaper.

It is a skin irritation caused by prolonged dampness and the interaction of urine and feces .
Keep the skin dry. Change wet diapers as quickly as possible. Allow the baby´s skin to air dry as long as is practical.

You can apply an ointment made of Zinc oxide paste to soothe the area of irritated skin.Powders such as cornstarch or talc should be used cautiously, as they can be inhaled by the infant and may cause lung injury.

ref:http://www.drgreene.org/body.cfm?id=555731&action=Display&articlenum=3259