rosacea rash

I was diagnosed w/rosacea last year.  I have recently had a recurrent chronic conjunctivitis in one eye that will not go away with several treatments..we did clear it for about 6 months with Tobradex, but the pressure in my eye elevated and that can't be used again.  Could this be rosacea related?  Also,does rosacea itch and burn at times?  I am asking because I am concerned my red rashy face may be something else as the doctors have had me do all the autoimmune blood tests due to the chronic conjunctivitis.  I was given steroid cream and protopic for the itchy areas of the face and they both work....I am 38/F otherwise in good health except for the red unhappy eye.  

Doctors usually treat the eye problems of rosacea with oral antibiotics, particularly tetracycline or doxycycline. People who develop infections of the eyelids must practice frequent lid hygiene. Doctors recommend scrubbing the eyelids gently with diluted baby shampoo or an over-the-counter eyelid cleaning product and applying warm (not hot) compresses several times a day.

While rosacea cannot be cured, it can be treated and controlled. A dermatologist, a medical doctor who specializes in diseases of the skin, often treats rosacea. Treatment goals are to control the condition and improve appearance.

Rosacea is a cutaneous disorder primarily of convexities of the central part of the FACE, such as FOREHEAD; CHEEK; NOSE; and CHIN. It is characterized by FLUSHING; ERYTHEMA; EDEMA; RHINOPHYMA; papules; and ocular symptoms.

Doctors usually prescribe a topical antibiotic, such as metronidazole, that is applied directly to the affected skin.

For people with more severe cases, doctors often prescribe an oral (taken by mouth) antibiotic. Tetracycline, minocycline, erythromycin, and doxycycline are the most common antibiotics used to treat rosacea. Some people respond quickly, while others require long-term therapy.

Isotretinoin may be considered as a treatment option for all forms of severe or therapy-resistant rosacea.

Sunscreens, particularly those that protect against ultraviolet A and B light waves and have a sun-protecting factor (SPF) of 13 or higher, are recommended for all people with rosacea.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.