seborrheic dermatitis

i am female and i had skin problems for lasr 5 years.doctor diagnosed me eith seborrehiec dermatitis.i used selenium sulphide and ketokonozole but they didnt work.i have rashea on my face.it goes red and dry and itchy. i have dandruf on my scalp too.but the thing which is hurting me a lot is the embarrasing redness and inflammation on my face,plz help me in this context.i have a kid and i am breast feeding
Seborrehic dermatitis is usually caused by overgrowth of Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates and is aggravated by sweating and humidity.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. You can consult your dermatologist and discuss the treatment options of oral antifungals. Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

thnx for your reply.well my doctor said that there is nothing she can give me orally because i am breast feeding.i just wanna know is ther any particular food that i need to quit to get better.i am using cocoa butter and cocount oil to moisture my skin. i also take fish oil (1000 mg) 3 times a day.do u think these things can help me. can u tell me do witch hazel and aloe vera gel have benefits too?plz guide me.i am tired of having face like that.thnx again.with best regards.
Since seborrheic dermatitis is caused by overgrowth of fungus, so any dietary changes or herbal remedies is not going to help. You can however try the above mentioned treatment once the weaning starts, Till then please keep your skin well hydrated and moisturized .
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
thnx for ur help.can u please tell me that can i have apple cider viniger during breast feeding.my son is 10 months and i feed him at night,day time mostly i am at work.

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community