Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.9k Members

sever bloody diaper rash?

my 9 month old has battled yeast infections since he was 3 weeks old. we always have a persctiption for nystatin wating for us... recently it hasnt been working....  it is now so bad that it is bleeding. the last cream he was on was..Clotrimazole & Betamethasome Dipropionate cream usp....

and still nothing.. i feel terribly. my pedi said it could be ebcause i had been feeding him yogurt every day for the past 3 months. then i havnt been as much lately.. i just feel so bad.. any ideas?
ive tried  A&D ointment, Desitan, different powders, corn starch.. you name it.. its been progressivly getting worse for the past 6 weeks... please help my poor baby
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
To treat diaper rash,pls try to avoid vigorous rubbing of sore areas.Also use a squirt bottle and then pat dry the area.Also let your child’s bottom air dry for a few minutes and then apply any over the counter diaper creams or barrier creams containing zinc oxide.Also discontinue disposable diapers and shift to cloth diapers for some time.However take precaution to change the wet diapers and also wash the diapers in unscented laundry detergent.If the symptoms persist then mild steroid creams or antibiotic creams may be required which are available by prescription.If the symptoms still persist then pls get your baby evaluated for eczema.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your baby is doing or if you have any additional dobts.Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions