single recurring itchy mosquito bite like spot on face

For the past 6 months or so I have a recurring lump on my face which presents itself exactly like a mosquito bite about 3 cm below my eye. It is in exactly the same place everytime, red, raised and very itchy. The surrounidnng area is quite pink as well. It sometimes happens on a weekly basis, other times with several weeks in between. In the beginning it would come and go very quickly, within the day but lately it is taking 2-3 days to go although the itching subsides quicker. The very first time it happend I thought it was a mosquito bite as it is so similar to one. The next time it happened I thought it was a coicidence but found it hard to believe a mosquito had bitten me in what I believed to be the same place. After the third time I realized it was something else. There is only one so this is trivial in comparison to most peoples complaints, none the less, it is a decent itchy spot on my face in a very noticable position and it looks aweful. Does anyone know what this could be. It is not a pimple.
I posted earlier this year in April. Since then, I've tried hypoallergenic everything but with no success.

One thing that HAS WORKED, and has forever CHANGED MY LIFE, is eating a non-GMO diet. My rash only reappears after eating items with genetically modified ingredients.There is so little research that has been done on the effects of genetically-modified foods; but through trial and error, I am convinced it is an allergy/sensitivity to the bacteria that is found in Bt-corn/soy/sugarbeets/cotton (Did you know that the Bt-version of GMO's have a gene inserted into them that was derived from bacteria found growing in a chemical waste dump?!)

This rash has led me to find out about this "Frankenfood" that has been on the market for nearly 20 years and who's seeds are manufactured by a chemical company (the same one who created Agent Orange and said it was not dangerous). GMO's are also banned or restricted in many countries across the world; Hungary has gone as far as burning acres of corn after gaining knowledge that it was GMO corn.

If any of you are interested in seeing for yourself, check out http://www.nongmoproject.org/, where you can find more information and GMO-free food brands.

It is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE, but man does it feel good to remember what food tasted like when I was a kid! You can find a lot of GMO-free brands at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's or "healthy" grocery stores (which are more expensive, but I'd rather give my money to the small organic farmers who care about the wellfare of the public than a giant corporation that is actively trying to destroy my health, the Earth, and my right to choose what I put in my body). Food for thought.
You know what I think you are right.  I've noticed when I eat processed junk food like corn chips I get this.   When I eat healthier snacks and meals for a couple of days it goes away.  it seems like the more junk I eat the more it returns now that I think about it.    Crazy that you brought this up because I would of never thought about this until I saw your post.  
Hello, I seem to have exactly the same problem as you - 7 small lumps on my right wrist which look like bites, had them for 5 days now, and guessing from all the posts on this website that I may have a problem!.  Has anything worked for you?
Mine is in the exact same spot, and the first time it happened I had a horrible back ache, the next time stomach issues that have not resolved. It always occurs during my slep, and I wake up due to the intense desire to scratch, but I don't dare.  I'm new to this area and don't know a doc, but I need to find one.  I don't know if it is related to the stomach issues or something different.  I'm so nauseated, I eat very little and am getting weak.  This is the fourth occurence and it happens once a week or once every two weeks.  I've had the shingles shot, and it doesn't manifest as shingles, just one bump.  I didn't know any bug bit in the exact same spot every time.  I ran some peroxide over it last night to see if there was an opening in the skin and no bubbles, and doesn't appear it has an opening in the skin.  I can't believe this has happened to so many people.  BTW I grew up on a farm, and this is not a tick, flea, or mosquito bite.  I wondered if the mattress picked up something in the moving van.  I'm not that familiar with bed bugs, but do they bite in the same spot?  If anyone finds out anything, I would most gratefully, as I suspect a new Dr. will think I'm crazy.
i have a similar bump that reappears one at a time only on my forearms on the top or side in between my wrist and elbow and never in the same spot. it starts out as a very tiny bump like a mosquito bite but then after scratching it develops a small red dot in the center of the already very small bump. the itching is intense and aggravating. ive tried everything from medicated products to bleach and nothing stops the itch but i did find something that stopped the itch immediately. believe it or not.... fingernail polish... witch makes me believe these periodic red bumps are a type of chigger. the microscopic insect is nocturnal and very active at night which is when the bump appears and itches.
Omg I have a red raised like spider bite that appears as a itchy welt and then turns in to a weeping sore , after a couple of days it scabs over but is still itchy . About a week or 2 later it goes away then  sometimes a month sometimes 3 months later it returns .. Been going on for a couple of years now. The doctor has taken tests and reckons its a skin bug and gives me cream or antibiotics for it .. Very frustrating as it keeps coming back and I want to know why .. .. Jo
Last night i woke up with 4 red itchy bumps on my arm, and 2 on my right one. they itched so bad they woke me up. i drew circles around them to show my mother, but when i awoke there was NO bump. tonight I woke up AGAIN. Noticed two of the bites are in the SAME place. There's a new one on my foot.
I understand it might be fleas? My kitty cat has fleas. But this has never really happened before.
I honestly think it's hives. I have the same exact issue with it coming back in the same exact spot every month or so. The only thing I don't understand here is that I really thought I got bit there the first time I got it. Then again maybe that was the first time I got the hive. I don't know but from what I read hives is the best answer I have
Those with the recurring mosquito-like itchy red bump, do u have pets? I have same itchy, red, raised bump recurring on same cheek as well. It started when we began treating my dogs demodectic mange. Every time he gets a dip, I get a flare. I found out that the mites, although they cannot reproduce in human skin, can burrow for a couple days, which may be why it goes away after couple days. It's worse when I'm run down, immune system more susceptible. Even if u don't have pets, these mites are all around, especially outside, unless u have pets or rodents bringing them in.
I'm so thankful to read all of these comments! Every time I have another "bite" in the exact same spot near my knee, I wonder about it! It makes NO sense to me. I have auto immune symptoms as well, and have seen a lot of specialists since 2009. I've just given up trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. But to read what everyone on here is saying, makes me believe there's something going on!
It has only been about two weeks since I have had this reaction, but it is very unsightly and I don't know how to get rid of it. I am 15 and have sensitive skin and it started when I went into another classroom in my school. After a few minutes, certain areas of my face started to feel itchy and my friend, who has acne prone skin also noticed that her skin was itchy. I was in that class for 15 min, and when I left I noticed a mosquito like bump near my right eye. For the rest of the day it continued itching and I resisted the urge to scratch it fearing that it may get worse, but a few hours later, I noticed two more of those mosquito like bumps on face. It went away the next morning when I woke up but then a day later I got that same bump on two other areas on my face. As I said before it has been around two weeks and the bumps come and go, often lasting for 1-2 hours but it is at very prominent areas on my face and just looks unsightly. Sometimes I get them when I wake up in the morning, sometimes when I've just been lying on the floor in my room and sometimes it just randomly starts itching throughout the day. The weird thing is that i have never returned to that class since. I suspect it may be from dust? I'm really not sure. Have any of you experienced the same thing?
I am so relieved yet concerned to know that I am not alone.  Same thing several of you have said.  I thought at first it was a mosquito bite on my chest.  I thought nothing of it until a few weeks later I noticed the same thing in the same spot.  Still thinking I was crazy, I let it go and it went away.  The next time I made a point to show my husband and tell him to please let me know if I'm going crazy the next time this happens and I show him it's the "mosquito bite' in the same place.  Sitting here at my computer tonight and sure enough out of nowhere the thing pops up again.  Itches like crazy.  It has probably been a month.  Exact same spot!  Does look more like a hive than anything else.  I too have had some "immune issues" for several years and have given up with trying to figure out what is wrong.  This is a new one and I will keep checking back for anyone that finds an answer.   Praying for all of you that we figure this thing out!  God bless!
Ok. So this is cool that I am not the only one! But it ***** that no one knows what it is! :( My bump is below my eye, by my under eye circle. It comes maybe once or twice a month, always at night.  It is slightly itchy but is always gone by morning.  And it always comes in the same spot! So freaking weird! AND from reading the comments above (and being a hypochondriac), I know am worried it is Lyme disease lol
Has anyone found out what this is yet?

I have exactly the same problem, red itchy, warm bump/spot which occurs every few months in the exact same spot underneath my eye socket/ near to cheekbone.

After googling recurring spots I convinced myself I had skin cancer but can't get into see my Doctor for 5 days by which point it will have gone!!

It is so reassuring to know I am not the only one - but I find it frustrating that it seems to be a common problem but the 'experts' don't know what it is!!
Unbelievable that the original post was back in 2008 and nobody has found a doctor who knows what this could be.

Had mine for years (over 10 years at least).

Had one, perfectly circular itchy bump appearing on the inside of my right thigh usually with several months or even longer than a year between its appearances.

A couple of months ago whilst in the car I started scratching at what I assumed was some kind of bite at the back of my left knee. Since then it has returned twice the last time just an hour ago, hence my online search.

I live in London, and hardly ever travel. I went to Connecticut when I was 18 and to Greece when I was in my 30's and that's it. I am now 51 and the first incidence was a long time after my trip to Greece. I do not think it has anything to do with any bite at all.

I have told a doctor twice and both times got the impression that they thought I was mad and was imagining that it was always recurring in the exact same place.

I have investigated hives and lyme disease and don't think they are likely to be the cause of my symptom. Nothing more than a randomly recurring raised, perfectly circular itchy bump that becomes red only because of the scratching that disappears far more quickly than any of the insect bites I have ever had.

Going to email my surgery with a link to this page!
I too have the same thing!  Always on my jawline/neck.  No rhyme or reason to them.  I've been keeping a food journal and can't find any triggers, have been gluten-free for 3 months now, and been eating very healthy, non-processed foods.  Nothing has worked!  There are times when they have cleared up for weeks only to return.  Maddening!!!
Folliculitis or Dermatofibroma it seems. I have a spot at the back of my knee where one of the two bumps(the next on my toe) appeared where I stopped itching it and completely resisted itching. On my toe the bump is really small with an opening almost looking like a raised hair folicle... until I scratch or squeeze it. It mainly starts itching at night.
I have the exact same thing! It's been hours and i have been searching what this might be on the internet. What it looks like is a mosquito bite under my eyes but it appears in the same spot everytime. I noticed that it appears whenever I lack some sleep. not always every night but when I seriously need some sleep. Then it would be very noticeable, raised and red but after a while is seems to disappear. Has anyone learned about this yet?? Did it grow larger?
Hi ashlene. I have the exact same thing under my eye. It appears when I lack sleep. I want to know if you already know what this is. It just looks like a mosquito bite but always in the same place.
I have the same thing. Tiger balm seems to help. I think it's food related esp seafood.
Hi everybody,
This sounds awfully similar to my 3 year old boy.
I suppose I should have taking him to the doctor by now, but I havent as it hasnt been "as bad" of late, but still goes on.
My missus comes from Thailand and as a result he is half Thai.
Last time he was there (and I wasnt) he was attacked by red ants they have around their local village, poor boy, legs blew up like balloons, and these are only little tiny weenie ants, smaller than what you (or at least we) see over here just around the house collecting food. I was eaten alive by these things last time I was there too, but whilst it was as itchy as hell, I didnt blow up like a balloon. It all started when he was around 6 months old, seems he was bitten on the cheek by a mosquito, it was itchy as hell and of course, you cant get them to stop scratching. That spot still remains on his cheek, and others pop up now and then too, local to that. Prior to that he had exma (Iknow, not spelled right, but easy for the purpose) so from here on in, we will call it that. The doctor said from 4 months that he has sensitive skin and we should be careful what we expose him to and put calandula cream on him regularly and that he should grow out of it. Anyway, we have a lot of mosquitos around our house, and we have two cats that I leave out side now as they are flea infested little maggots. My boy is ok if he doesnt go outside "generally" but if he does, he gets bitten by something and they all flare up. It doesnt matter what time of year, whenever he goes outside, he is going to get bitten by something (Fleas or mosquitos we suspect) and as they are itchy, he cant help himself but scratch and they end up with open sores that bleed and inevitably get infected and hang around for ages. He will come up with two or three spots everytime we let him outside, which is pretty sad but we need to let him out. We try to cover him up but he likes to sneak out sometimes with now shoes on. Honestly, he can be outside for 5 minutes and that is enough, they dont normally show until next morning. I have ruled out HIV Lesions for two reasons, I have a genetic disease called Spinocerebellar ataxia Type 7. My missus and I had to have tests before he was born to see if it had passed onto him or not and thankfully it didnt, but we have a two month old now and sadly it did. Before this birth we both had to have extensive blood tests and all came up HIV Negative (besides, I know I havent played around) so if he has it, where from?
At the end of the day. I am going to take him to the doctor, but I am concerned they are not going to take it seriously and say, well its flea or mosquito bites. It may be, but they keep popping up at or around the same area as the previous ones and they are hard bumps (*****) on the skin that all seem to have a spot in the middle like he has specifically been bitten. I am sure they would go away as quick as they come (overnight) but they itch and he has to scratch them, so they end up infected and stay for a week or so. Anyway, I wanted to post more, but all the kids are causing havoc, so I will come back,
Hey everyone,

I've done a few years of testing and research on this and think its just one of the many symptoms of a Candida Overgrowth/infection. I would like to say if you have only this issue alone and dont have other ailments (such as allergies, sinus infection, get sick more than usual, and any other small or large unexplainable symptoms) then would make the most sense to assume its an allergic reaction and narrow it down. Check your environment, detergent, new skin care product, etc.

However, if you are someone with a few or more of these random symptoms understand all your symptoms are probably tied to B.C. You can get a prescription from a doctor but I personally would not take anything that can be healed naturally. My B.C. overgrowth started when a doctor prescribed me an antibiotic 2.5 yrs ago for a sinus infection. Come to find out it didnt work and after doing research found out it is well known antibiotics do not cure sinus infections and this irresponsible and lazy doctor probably hands out antibiotics like candy.  

The antibiotic fed the B.C and it led to an overgrowth. I all the sudden, for the first time, started getting a series of allergies, still had a sinus infection, was regularly sick, you name it. I found you can treat this with Caprylic Acid to break the barrier and then changing your diet until you kill the B.C. This site sums up what I had to do for the most part so I dont have to list it all here: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8376/10-signs-you-have-candida-overgrowth-what-to-do-about-it.html

I hope this helps at least some of you an be sure to never overuse antibiotics. they aren't for the common cold, save them for more serious issues. And do your research. There's a lot of bad doctors out there as it seems a lot of you have experienced for yourself. make sure your research backs up your doctors advice.

Hi Everyone, I think I know the answer.  This answer is not for everyone, some people are commenting in this post that do not have this exact problem but this is for people who have been having reappearing rashes that look like spider bites or mosquito bites. That appear and disappear either in the same place or in different places on the body.  I am not a doctor but I believe it is just Hives.  Hives are itchy and can take shape like a bug bite and be all sorts of sizes.  Nothing to freak out about,  If you get them often and it is bothering you then try to see an allergy specialist or a dermatologist to see what it could be that is causing the hives.  Hope this helps.  :)  
Hello everyone, I believe it would be wise to regulate your sugar intake;  (even if it isn't the answer to this problem, but it quite possibly is. (so stick with me)) Including soda, high fructose death syrup or anything that has had the fiber removed a.k.a. enriched, or added fillers, etc...

It's not easy

What makes me think this?

Well, I have been noticing skin issues since I was a teenager:  Oh of course I had zits, pimples and the like.  But then they changed over time, into harder, longer lasting zits and pimples that didn't behave at all like before didn't have white heads but were on the surface..  They started to heal slower and I would get random rashes.  Then searching for why these things were happening a dermatologist said I had Folliculitis which may be partially or mainly caused by sugar?  She gave me some topicals and a shot of some steroids.. that didn't do much but dry out my face and make it feel like I was already dead (quit that early).  Then I started to notice certain ones kept coming back, and I actually at one point started to lose hair.  I was about 20 at this time and was eating mainly raman noodles(enriched flour) some beans here and there.. some frozen dinners.  I also didn't drink a lot of water.

So, after a while I really cracked down and tried to figure it out. Besides of trying everything I could read up, and think of, and.. yeah.. I ended up eliminating everything in my diet one by one.  Then as I was sure it was sugar... This youtube video came out that I stumbled upon within 2 months of it being released of a professor from San Francisco University gave an hour long lecture on sugar and how our bodies don't know how to deal with it.  I quit sugar and processed foods almost cold turkey..(not easy)  and guess what... I feel better :)  My rashes, chronic fatigue, bad zits, slow healing, all went away.  Trying it wont kill you, so it's worth a shot either way right?

sadly I still... eat some sugar here and there(mainly craft beer, yumm), I can tell mostly when I have too much, sometimes I can't help the situation I am in and eat a few bad meals, drink too much beer etc.  And it comes back, My shoulders, back, arms that are in the same places, will get these red.. mosquito bite like bumps that itch. I itch them and don't even know it. Sometimes when I pick one on accident I can feel the sharp pain of it at a different random location in my body, where there will be another one sometimes. weird.   I can tell the difference instantly now of course, but it doesn't take much.  I am convinced it is a poison, killing us chronically.  Maybe not by design, but we are addicted to it either way.  
I was 22 when I realized this and I'm 28 now I weighed about 160 lbs this whole time, and i'm about 6' just for notes. The youtube video name is sugar the bitter truth, there is a short version.
There is a ton of information on this as well now..  There was not any back then, I'm happy it is growing!

If this does not help you, then it may be like some posters above said, an allergic reaction from something else in your diet. (which is basically the case here)

P.S.  It's not easy, but it's worth it. Good luck!

-Shockey
Mine seems to be stress induced. But always occurs in the same spot.  No where else.  
Hi All,
I struggled with this exact same thing for YEARS before finally figuring it out. I would get a small raised, itchy lump (sometimes it was three lumps that would merge into one) under my skin just below my right cheekbone, and over the course of 12-24 hours it would become a large, itchy, puffy lump. Sometimes it would be about the diameter of a quarter and about a half-centimeter thick, others, the puffiness would spread all the way over the right side of my face, discoloring my eyelid. I had co-workers worried that someone was beating me!
I had a really hard time getting it diagnosed. Under the American healthcare system, it was really hard to get in to see someone before it went away-- by the time I'd get to my doctor's office, the puffiness would have gone down. I did go to an allergist and had a pinprick panel done on my back, but didn't respond strongly enough to anything to have a "smoking gun". That allergist did say that I seemed to have histamine "issues" in general and that my skin had gotten puffy at all of the prick sites. Just not enough to point conclusively to one particular food, animal or plant.
I had a hell of a time with my healthcare practitioners, including one ice-princess dragon-woman of an urgent care doctor who looked at my half-swollen face the fifteenth time this was happening to me (in the middle of the night) and told me to toughen up and not worry about my looks so much (!). Work on that bedside manner, toots. (P.S., I'm a woman so that's not misogynist, just bitter ;) )
All of the doctors I talked to seemed to think it was something other than a hive, because to them hives were something that should happen all over the skin, not always in the same place like mine did. They told me that if it was an allergy I should be getting that plus swollen lips or tongue. They ordered all sorts of unnecessary radiative tests before more or less throwing up their hands.
I do have to thank my allergist for prescribing Zyrtec at least, because when the lump started happening I could take that and if I did so in time, the lump would go down or at least not spread to my whole right face. But I still didn't know what was causing it.
Here's what I've figured out:
1) This IS a hive and
2) There is a food, cosmetic/lotion, detergent, animal or metal in your environment that is causing it.
In my case, I finally managed to narrow it down to black beans, vanilla, and soy lecithin (which is in EVERYTHING unfortunately).
Figure out what it is for you. I know that if I avoid these foods, I won't get my "face lump". If I eat them, I can expect a hive.
Keep trying. Track what you eat in the 24 hours before the lump appears, and then try eliminating those foods from your diet for a while to see if you continue to get the lump. Good luck! You can do it.
See my post below yours-- I didn't mention it there, but I definitely was more likely to get this lump (hive) when I was stressed, and usually at night as most people here mention. There are fluctuations in your histamine levels that relate to stress hormones and time of day, which make you more likely to react strongly to an allergen. But there is an allergen causing it, too.
omg I have the same thing! on my left ankle, two bites, so itchy that it is unbearable - it itches for ten minutes and then goes away. It is the second time I got two bites in the same place 3 or 4 months a part. I thought it was shingles, and then scabies... It took me a long while to consider that maybe it wasn't a spider or mosquito bite
Get a blood test for herpes 2. I think you'll have your answer.There is no cure
but using Cortizone 10 should help.You can buy it from Walmart.
How did you determine yours was moles? I have the exact same thing- only occurs on the right side of my face but it will appear in 2 or 3 different spots over and over. It's been about 4 years now that i've been dealing with it. I notice it more during the summer so I thought it had something to do with that. I also thought maybe it was a bite of some kind from the microscopic bugs that they say ppl carry on themselves. I asked my dermatologist but of course the redness is never there when you need to show someone. I saw a yeast related comment which i thought was plausible...Did your insurance cover this procedure? It's driving me crazy!
I have the exact same issue as many of you have posted. I've had it for at least 20 years if not more. I call it my red dot. Its a hot, red raised spot that appears occasionally, once every couple months. It is always in the same exact spot on my cheek. It seems to itch mildly from the inside, and it feels hot even to the touch. It lasts for a couple hours and then goes away. I have not been able to figure out if its a food I'm eating, or stress, or something my skin touches, or some other cause... although it does usually seem to happen after I've eaten restaurant food ... so maybe some unusual herb or spice that I'm not aware of ??   I don't know. Its never made me nervous, only puzzled and curious... well, and sometimes embarrassed cuz its pretty noticeable when it happens and looks like a big glowing mosquito bite or zit on my face. I have noticed that if i look closely at that area of my face anytime when it is not happening, I do notice some irregularity in my skin there... like slightly bumpier than the rest of my face skin. Any doctors wanting to weigh in here?!? Please?
People are saying it's not a mosquito bite, but I think it is! I was in the garden a year ago and had this mosquito buzzing around which I kept trying to kill, and which kept trying to land on me. When I went to bed that night I had 3 bites on my butt (of all places) that itched like crazy. The whole summer they would come and go, sometimes not bothering me for weeks then coming back with a vengeance. This still periodically happens now, a year later.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was in the same garden watering the plants in the evening and I felt a sharp scratch on my foot; looking down there was a mosquito mid meal. I slapped it and killed it, but it was too late. By the time I went in that, and another bite on my hand that I'd missed, had both started itching like mad. They stop itching and appear to go away for a few days, then come back again (much like the last one did).

I've been wondering what's causing this, but I think there might be something in the over active histamine reaction theory. I don't think it's something that's been looked into all that much, but that doesn't make it any less valid a theory.

I do believe that the initial cause of this is a mosquito bite, but then the histamine reaction is re-occurring for some reason. I suppose it's unlikely that everyone on here is ailing from the same thing, but a few of your accounts sound exactly like my experience.

Shame no body's found a solution!
I have the same problem for two years now and I saw them biting me. Biolgysts even does not know yet but I think there is a genera of blood sucker midges that left behind some part of its sucker apparatus deep in our skin. That's why the hystamine reaction is re-occuring. But for this, its aparatus is like to be a very resistant for leaching and defense cell fagocytes absorving, maybe a large kind of SiO2(silica...vitreous) crystal type - someone some day would be interested to search... And this perhaps can explain the long term itching along years and its triggering when we ate some hard to digest or fatty foods.
I think it can be solved only by a superficial skin surgery to take off this antigen.
Interesting to read this column.  About 10 years ago I was bitten by the grand dad of all fleas.  This flea must have been on steroids by the bite it left in my groin area.  I know it was a flea because I was battling a small infestation at the time brought into my apartment by my cat.  It itched like you wouldn't believe but eventually went away as most bites do. Then it started to reappear about a month or two apart....bad, big welt sometimes almost a sore.  Drove me crazy.  Over time the intervals between flare ups became longer and severity of bump/rash was less.  Once about 1.5 years between reoccurrence, thought it was over, but it came again.  I asked a few docs about it, but got the deer in the headlights look.  Its obvious this thing is a mystery to most of medical community. Best thing for me is when I feel it coming on, I apply liquid first aid antiseptic you get in any drugstore over the counter for burns, insect bites and minor cuts right away.  The stuff smells a bit but stops the itching and seems to attack it before it flares up and knocks it down fast. The active ingredients to look for are camphor and phenol, and it usually contains citric acid and other light oils. Put it on about three times a day until it clears...usually fairly quickly.  Hope this helps someone out there.....good luck.  I know is frustrating.
First of all, thank you to all of you for sharing your stories, tips and thoughts. i too have a recurring hive on my forehead and I get an itchy abdomen every couple of days and little whiteheads on my chest. I also have MTHFR, compound hetero.

I have been looking into following a low-histamine diet. Have any of you had success with that?

I believe that certain foods and stress is continuously 'topping up' my histamine 'bucket' and its only when it overflows that the hives and other symptoms present themselves and so that is why i cant pinpoint certain foods or products as the culprit. Very frustrating!  I'm also looking into Diamine oxidase (DAO) as it is the main enzyme for the metabolism of ingested histamine.There is a product on iHerb called Histame? I've ordered it out of desperation and am going to give it a try. Has any one else tried it?
I have this same problem.
The first time I got it I really didn't know what to use on it so tried so many different creams that I think I may have aggravated it. It lasted almost 6 months in total as it kept flaring up. The area is inflamed and it feels itchy and tickly/tingly; It even blistered at its worst.
I have no idea what it is, have been to the doctors and even they don't know. The only thing that helps is Daktacort 2%/1% w/w cream (miconazole nitrate and hydrocortisone) I apply it throughout the day on and around the area. It cleared it up last time but you must continue to use it for a long time after it's gone. It stayed away over 6 months and appeared again out of no where. I applied the cream and it is already dramatically better.  
For several yrs, i too have been experiencing a reoccurring itchy bleb on my abdomen in the exact same place. I am glad to see that im not the only one but baffled because no definite diagnosis has been made.
I've had mine for more than 10 years now, however they disappeared for a while, but they have came back, I get them on my forehead, sides of the face and one in the neck, sometimes in my scalp.  I start feeling the itching, then they get red and swollen, the one in the forehead sometimes gets so swollen than seems like someone hit me, it is embarrassing and the itchiness bothers me to no end.  I've been told by an allergologist that I have angioedema, and taking some medicines causes me to have swollen eyes, but I'm not entirely sure what foods can give me that reaction too.
Hello!

I've had this for a few days. My bite appears and disappears in the same spot. It looks like this > http://www.dermatopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/urti2-300x293.jpg . It's hives guys.
Hello everyone, I also would like to say I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one with this. Seems like a lot of people have had this for a while. here is my brief bump story: The other day at work i almost felt like an really bad itch/prick. i felt my neck and I realized I had a bump.

I asked a co-worker and she said it kind of looked like a pimple or something. This happened about 4 days ago and the bump is still present. It hit me a few days ago that this used to happen all the time. the thing is like everyone else is saying it's in the same spot!

I looked at the picture provided by suicidalbread (love the name) it's similar but not exact. But I think they are on to something. Perhaps it's a different form of hive? Can they show up in the same spot though? Also my alien as I now call it does not crust or peal over. It does not itch all the time either.

Thank you for reading. :)
Well....just add another.
Just like previous people have said here, glad I'm not the ONLY ONE, but sure do WISH there were some answers.
One little bump that looks like/itches like a mosquito bite. has reoccurred @ least 4 times in the past 9 months.
Mine will last for days or weeks & itch.
I'm planning on having a biopsy from my dermatologist.
I'll keep you posted.
Well, I thought I might find an answer here but the only thing I have found is that I am not alone. I have what started out as what I thought was a bad mosquito bite at the top of my left leg, right under my butt cheek. I discovered it after camping July 4th weekend. It took weeks to get rid of it and I worried that it might be a tick bite. It did go away, however, every few weeks it comes back in the same exact spot. And it itches more than most mosquito bites while it's here. Fortunately, it only lasts about a day. Unfortunately, it keeps coming back! It's been 7 months now! I sure wish someone had the answer. I guess we'll all suffer together until someone finally figures it out.
I have had this condition for a couple of years too. I thought it was a bite but two weeks ago I have these hives/ bites all over my face. I believe it did start out as a bite bite but that high histamine levels due to stress is the catalyst.
I have been taking colloidal silver and dabbing it on the welts. It does seem to be helping and I'm hoping with an improved immune system this will decrease.
Mastocytosis.  
I have exactly the same problem, it is happening daily. the marks come and go. However when I take Citirizne tablet the marks dont show up for 3 days and then slowly starts coming back
Hi guys,

I have it too, same symptoms (look like a bite, appears in the same spot once in a while, don't know what triggers it).
Maybe it is Darier's Sign. I found this term because I was googling Mastocytosis.
Will try to find more information but suggest you to google this 'Darier's Sign' thing too
I have the same problem. It's on the downside of my left arm. Midway between my wrist and elbow. I started noticing it 9months ago. At first I thought it was just an insect bite, but after a few hours it just disappears. It doesn't itch too much but it worries me because it would appear again on the same spot. It comes and go randomly. I've tried researching on this and found out it can be mastocytosis, but im not yet sure. Well, hope we find answers soon.
I've had a similar reaction with a tick bite I received 6 years ago (not Lyme). Every once in awhile, in that same spot, it flares back up into an itchy bite. Mine lasts about 10 min and then calms back down. 8 years ago I was diagnosed with Lyme (from a tick bite in a different location) and cured within 6 months. However, every blood test I have done since then has revealed that my histamine levels are high. Whether or not Lyme was the initial trigger for my elevated histamine levels is unknown, but I suspect that it's my elevated levels that flare up and cause this bite spot to flare back up now and again.
  Additionally, my normal bug bites from mosquitoes or no-seeums, seem extra itchy for several weeks and I suspect this is from my elevated histamine levels. When i do have normal bug bites, I get a wave of intense itchies when I wake up every morning. Like the process of my body waking up, triggers a flare of histamine levels making my bites itch intensely for about 10 min, until everything calms down. (Laying a cold wash cloth helps to calm down the itch until it goes away)
  While I am completely on board with the ideas of 'you are what you eat' and 'you are what you eat eats', I've only just discovered that there are foods that trigger an increased response in our histamine levels and I eat 70% of what's on the list! So, Lyme may not have anything to do with my histamine response and it may be the foods that I'm eating that are causing this response. In any case, this is a good website to get started with in learning about overactive histamines, however I encourage you to investigate this further as I think this science is only just being discovered. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11175/everything-you-need-to-know-about-histamine-intolerance.html
Best of luck to all of you! Stay healthy!
I have the same, a round white itchy bump on my elbow, exactly like a mosquito bite. When it first started I had been travelling a lot so could be likely it started as a bite. That was in 2013 ish. It would come back in the exact same place, every six weeks or so roughly but not in any discernible pattern. When I say 'it came back', I mean I'd feel an itch in the spot, I'd look and there would be a small bump which would get bigger and itchier until it was about 1.5cm diameter. Then after half an hour or so (again not consistent) it would die down then just vanish as wierdly as it appeared. It was like this for about two years then I realised one day I hadn't seen it for months. A couple of years passed. Then just now, it's come back!!! Absolutely no trigger. No change to my diet or lifestyle during the time it was regular, the time it went away, and today. Baffling!! And itchy!!
SOLVED!!!!!

Hey everyone I had the exact same problem!! I had a reoccurring single hive looking bump 4cm under my right eye, lasting about an hour or less. I can't remember when I started developing it, however I noticed it always seemed to happen when it was an overcast kind of day and I thought it was a reaction to do with the weather. However this theory didn't add up bc it wouldn't appear sometimes when it was overcast. I realised that I usually have a cup of coffee when its gloomy and overcast outside and maybe that was the common denominator. I tested this out and drank a cup off coffee and literally 20mins later the bump popped up. I had another coffee the next day and as expect the bump came back. I haven't had coffee ever since and this bump hasn't occurred.

TLDR; I realised this bump was a reaction to caffeine. Caffeine sensitivity can appear on the skin in forms such as hives, rashes etc... I'm not sure why it happens in the exact spot, however this is definitely what is causing mine. It may not be the same for everyone else but I urge you all to try and test it out, maybe its something else you're consuming! Hope this helped!!
SOLVED!!!!!

Hi folks. I sometimes get a hive on my face after eating anything with nuts like pecan or almonds. I already know I have a very high allergy (not an intolerance) to hazel nuts so I try not to eat any nuts at all. Stay away from nuts and eat more seeds if you have trouble with hives.  Get an allergy blood test to see what you're allergic too.