single recurring itchy mosquito bite like spot on face

For the past 6 months or so I have a recurring lump on my face which presents itself exactly like a mosquito bite about 3 cm below my eye. It is in exactly the same place everytime, red, raised and very itchy. The surrounidnng area is quite pink as well. It sometimes happens on a weekly basis, other times with several weeks in between. In the beginning it would come and go very quickly, within the day but lately it is taking 2-3 days to go although the itching subsides quicker. The very first time it happend I thought it was a mosquito bite as it is so similar to one. The next time it happened I thought it was a coicidence but found it hard to believe a mosquito had bitten me in what I believed to be the same place. After the third time I realized it was something else. There is only one so this is trivial in comparison to most peoples complaints, none the less, it is a decent itchy spot on my face in a very noticable position and it looks aweful. Does anyone know what this could be. It is not a pimple.
I have the EXACT same problem in the exact same place! I'm looking for an answer, too. I'm wondering if it is allergy related, viral or rosacea. I would love to hear any suggestions. I don't know if this is related, but I am fighting a cold right now.
I also have a recurring, itchy mosquito-like bump on my arm. It only lasts for about an hour or so then disappears. I have no idea what the cause could be, but it is rather disturbing.
I have had the same thing for about ten years now. More like a spider bite in the middle of my back. Comes and goes. Sometimes two months in between. Other times a couple weeks apart. Over the past ten years I have got 3 more. The last or fourth one about a month ago. The first one still comes back the most frequently. I have not found anyone in all this time that can explain this.
My guess (and it is a guess) is some form of a Viral infection or bacterial infection that doesn't show up on normal tests. I donate blood all the time and nothing has ever shown there either. In fact I can give baby pints. I just had a blood workup a month ago and nothing.
I feel like my health is suffering even more with time. I have headaches all the time, chronic fatigue, Cranial Pressure, Depression and recently I started getting tiny red bumps under my eyes after a bad night of headache and fatigue that in the morning leave very small dried blood specs where the bumps were.
My best guess in something like (spirochete Borrelia) Lyme disease or possibly some strain of Herpes Simplex. I am tired and would certainly like to know what this is.
Hi...about 2 weeks ago, I got a white raised welt with red around it that was very itchy right on my left breast on the edge of the aereola.  It presents itself just like a mosquito bite, which is what I though I had gotten right away.  It subsided after about 20 minutes.  3 days later it came up again, then 2 days later, then 5, then a day later.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he said it's a mystery, but nothing to worry about.  I was worried that because it was on my breast, it could be a sign of some freaky breast cancer, but he said it's not.  It is only itchy for about 10 minutes, then subsides, fully disappearing within 6-8 hours, although swelling only lasts about 1/2 hour.  Any ideas?
I have the exact same thing, which started as a mosquito bite just 2 cm left of my left eye... I was in Malaysia when I got the bite, so have assumed its been due to the different bacterias in mosquitos or an allergic reaction, but after 7 months I have started to wonder what this really is...
Anyone figure this out?  I have the very same symptom.  Bump on forearm for 10-20 minutes.  Always in same exact spot.  Looks like a mosquito bite but isn't. Very itchy then just goes away.  May happen weeks or even months apart.  Seems to happen more when I am stressed..
thank goodness im not the only one! I have been freaked out about this since it started showing up a year ago.  I have pet rats which got mites ( ornithonyssus bacoti) from contaminated bedding... This particular type of lice bites people and causes really intense itching (but no visible marks).... in the course of treating them I got bit several times by said lice..

About a month after all this I got this itchy mosquite bite on my left breast right near my underarm.. red around it and pale on the raised part. .. it went away and came back then went away and came back.  most often when I am stressed, hot, or when i get bit by insects.  Its been showing up on and off for about a year..

My mom (a nurse) said it sounds like a recurring histamine response..Zyrtec does seem to help make it stop itching faster!  Ill keep checking back here, if someone figures it out, please post!  
My daughter age 17 months has gotten a red mosquito type bite or bump.  It gets very puffy, also gets them on her are.  Only left side.  She was diagnosed w/ PFAPA on Feb. And had T&A done and has been fever free for the past three months.  But these mosquito looking bumps are odd. I even took her to the pediatrician today, he said its just mosquito bites.  I told him that its unlikely that a mosquito could bite her in the same location monthly.  I told him to think like a doctor, think back to what he learned in medical school and not just tell me what looks obvious.  He was surprised by my tone and is sending her to see a ped. Deramtologist.  He said it possibly could be Mastocytosis? However spelled.  Its unexplained over-active histamine reactions.  There is a broad array of different types.  It confused me, when I read up on it.  But I am going to have the dermatologist do a biopsy on the rash to see if it is overactive masts or histamine.
4 months ago I was bitten by an insect on my left ankle.  I assumed it was a mozzie and would disappear.  It did but comes back every week or so. It is very ichy and my ankle is a little swollen and feels hot to the touch.  The bite itself is tiny and has a slightly raised bump in the middle.  Any ideas?
Laclotte
OK I too have been trying to figure this out!! I have a recurring itchy mosquito like bite.  They appear on my belly below my belly button all the time! What the hell!!  I thought it might be a bed bug but wouldn't they bite else where??? how do they know how to find the same spot below my belly button all the freakin time! Sometimes they're like a couple of inches apart but always in the same area! Please help if anyone knows anything about this matter.
I want to correct what I said about this happening "ALL THE TIME".  It doesn't occur every night.  It happens 2 to 3 times a month.
Same condition, left forearm near my elbow.  Mosquito bite-looking welt appears for like 20 to 30 minutes then recedes.  Occurs about twice a month, in the exact same spot every time.  Most likely a fixed allergic reaction.  Mild allergic reaction to something where exposure is intermittent.  Usually a certain food or an over the counter drug.  Can be extremely difficult to isolate the allergen and avoid it because many allergic reactions can manifest days after exposure, especially when reaction is minimal.  Luckily, only as serious as the symptom, in most cases