skin cancer

I have a raised mark/wound on my back that has been there for at least 10 years. Never gave me problems, just unsightly. For the past several months, it has been bleeding when bumped slightly or after a shower and it looks a little bigger to me. small raised area on one end but mostly just looks like a wound that won't heal. 10+ years is a long time... couldn't be skin cancer could it?

How are you? Risk factors for skin cancer include: fair skin, history of sunburns, a close relative with skin cancer or presence of atypical and more than 50 moles. It is important to know the ABCDEs of Melanoma: asymmetry, border, color, diameter, and evolving mole. A  mole or skin lesion that looks different from the rest or is changing in size, shape, or color needs to be evaluated further by a dermatologist.  This link is helpful: http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/sun_malignant.html

Take care and best regards.