MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

skin irrittion

Hi I am wondering if you can get athletes foot anywhere else on your body, husband has it really bad. I noticed for the last several months i have had a small rashin my butt crack ARRGH it goes away and then comes back a coupl weeks later -itchy then goes away sometimes after a few days or a week . I thought i was chafed at first bu it is more like bumpy irritation. Any ideas what this is?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
See your doctor and follow their advice.
Do not share towels or flannels and pat the skin dry instead of rubbing it. Wear cotton underwear not silk or nylon and wear no underwear at night.
Bathe in a general solution such as Eucerin or Oiltum bath and shower oil.
Apply Sudocrem or Zinc & castor oil cream to affected areas and avoid highly fragranced products.
Loiloi xx
Helpful - 0

One differential will be a fungal infection. Fungi reside in moist areas such as intertriginous areas of the body ( eg armpits , under the breasts, in the groin and in between toes). Another thing to consider is an eczema or dermatitis.

You may have this assessed by your primary physician. Ascertaining the diagnosis may not be very difficult but before applying any medications it is best to have a baseline assessment.

Avoid sharing towels, observe good hygiene at all times and do not allow wet clothes to stay on the body for prolonged periods.Keep the area well mosturized by a mild unscented cream.

Is your husband being treated for the athlete's foot?

Do keep us posted regarding your physician's advice.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community