skin rash that started with folliculitis

some time last spring my son had what seemed to be a big pimple on his leg, it popped and drained at school a few days later. Two or three weeks go by and In the same area that the huge pimple is back when my son scratched it on something and popped it again  however i notice there were multiple skin discolorations like little dots the color of scare tissue. So this time his mother took him to the doctor, he said kids get these things they often go away by them self and it seemed to have but left behind a dozen little scares. then a few months later he got stepped on by a cleat at football in that same spot on his leg and within hours a huge boil like cyst formed in the same spot and when I took him to the dr this time he asked why i didnt come sooner lol he said it was folliculitis, popped it, drained it, gave him a shot and a script of keflex. the next day all the little discolored spots started raising up and forming pus filled pimple like bumps some faster or bigger and this went on for weeks with  multiple dr visits and prescriptions septra and clindamycin also before that area cleared up and then a week after that he started getting a lil pimple on his other leg and then on back and now in armpits and inner thigh. He also has a sore in his mouth and little itchy bumps all over his ears so we took him to dr again and he said it might be scabies so he prescribed septra again and scabies cream it dont seam to be working. now my wife says shes itching and wen to the dr and got keflex for a rash of bumps on her face Im not having any symptoms but his little brother had a few on his back but not a lot...... what the heck is going on?
Since your wife and the second child are having similar symptoms, the rash seems to be contagious and such a rash which spreads so fast is most likely due to viral infections, fungal infection, bacterial infection or scabies. It will be best to get the sore cultures for bacterial, viral and fungal infections and then specific treatment can be started. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.