Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

skin spots


I started to notice spots on my chest and was wondering what it could be. I'm only 22. These spots have been around for at least a year.

Just wondering if anyone can identify this or advise me.

Images post-shower:

Note - the thing in the middle is a mole.

I'll upload more images on request.

1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
It looks like pityriasis versicolor.It is caused by an overgrowth of a yeast fungus and are found mainly on sun exposed areas. Factors that can cause the fungus to become more visible include high humidity and immune or hormone abnormalities.Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.

Most cases of fungal infection respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions