Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

skin too sensitive to wear clothing

My skin has been on and off irritated for years, becoming prickly and I cann't wear clothes. My old derm had given me desowen and amlactin lotion when it bothered me years ago.  It had been gone for years and started again this summer after it was very hot and then dropped about 40 degrees in two days, so sweating to goosebumps.  My skin felt irritated, then became worse, goosebumps radiated on my body if my skin was touched.  No rash, no bumps, nothing visible.  It feels so sensitive to heat (showering or exercising) and clothing is the worst. Even soft clothing feels like wool on a sunburn, causing a horribly uncomfortable prickly feeling.  I've been taking neurontin and klonopin, which seems to help at the time but it still persists. I had this irritation the first time twenty years ago after using a tanning machine, I could not go in the sun again for a long time, and had a red, prickly heat rash all over.  Since then, years in between, it seems at times weather related. I have had many blood tests, and all fine.  My general doctor does not know what it is, told me he does not think it is neuropathy, just prescribed more neurontin and Laclotion.  I'm too uncomfortable to wear pants (since it is mainly on my inner thighs where they touch).  I'm at a loss!
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions