small pebble like sore under skin on foot

small pebble like sore under skin on foot. i treated the first one like a wart, but it wasn't one, now there is a second on coming up onthe sole of my heel. looks like a pimple or small white stone under shin but there is nothing 'in' it. nothing to drain per say. hurts to press on it...and i step in it a lot walking. what could it be?

I cannot confirm a diagnosis without examination,but it can be calluses, foot blisters or fibromas.

A callus is an especially toughened area of skin which has become relatively thick and hard as a response to repeated contact or pressure.

When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear.Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer. Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible.Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks willaggravate the problem.So change socks regularly and use foot powder to help keep your feet dry.

If still the lumps persist,then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I have a similar problem.  Last June I developed three sore lumps on the bottom of my right foot (one on the heel and two on the ball).  Two podiatrists have diagnosed them as chronic reoccuring calluses.  As you can imagine, I didn't like this diagnosis because they are painful and apparently they are not preventable.  I never had anything like this before in my life and today (February) I have a fourth painful lump starting.  They are small (about the size of a pea) but have not gone away even when the podiatrists dug them mostly out last summer - which by the way was not painful apparently because inside the small lump the skin is dead white callus tissue.  I am hopeful if I go in and have them dug out completely that they will NOT grow back, but I am obviously concerned.  I wear comfortable shoes, am generally healthy and can't accept that this is a chronic, painful and apparently spreading condition.  Any thoughts on what this could be besides a callus?
I have the same thing. I get them on the balls of my feet and sometimes on my thumbs and index fingers. I think I get the ones on my hands from knitting and crocheting so much. To get rid of them, so far I have tried having my doctor freeze it (he thought it was a wart the first time I got one), or just picking it out, usually with nail clippers. This time, when I tried to pick one out of my foot, I was able to expose it, and some white, powdery stuff came out! Weird!
But yeah, mine also hurt when I walk on them. It's like they start deep in my skin and slowly rise to the surface; the closer they get to the surface, the more they hurt. But they are always the same size, very small, about .2cm.
I have quite a few of those as well. About 5 or 6 on each foot, and they're all in the same vicinity, on the callouses of the balls of my feet and big toe. They're extremely uncomfortable, not exactly painful, but they do hurt, especially when direct pressure is applied. Definitely not something I'd want to attack with clippers... It's not a wart or pimple. Doesn't match any pictures I've looked up for typical foot warts and the like. Mine aren't very big, not even the size of a pea. Look just like a pimple, definitely nothing to pop...
sounds exactly like what I have...my massage therapist told me that reflexology might help...they are called crystals and they correlate to certain organs in your body that are stressed...mine are very painful lately. I also have RA so I am not sure if it is related. :(
I have the same thing buy mine followed the bottom edge of my heel in an arch shape... they hurt so bad i couldnt get my shoes on but after about a month of me using a pumice on my heal and using clippers to try to get rid of the "blisters" that were empty when i cut them they just left little holes in my heel i woke up one morning and my foot itches and i felt a bunch of hard things sticking out of my foot... as i scratched them they came out. i saved all of them incase it comes back i can take it to a dr... the went from the size of a pin head and white to one the size of a pea and that one was black :-( not sure what it is but my heel feels brand new again.. i have done a ton of research and found nothing like this until i found this page.... :-) id appreciate any ideas you can give me on what these little pains were :-)
I have the same thing. Four small white bumps. Pimple sized. I am a triathlete training for an Ironman (my fourth). They go down and stop hurting after a few days of rest but come back after a long run or back to back runs. Thanks for the comments. I was worried they were contagious and would spread to others or other parts of the body.