sore elbows

I am 43yr old never had any type of skin problems. The last five or six months i have had a sore red elbow.It started out red and sore burning feeling, painfull if i lean t on my elbow.Then went dry and flakey like white bumps of dru skin on my elbow. Went to the doctors he prescribed cream which seemed to clear it up abit. It has been sore and dry for the fast few months I have been putting dema cream on everynight before bed it helps abit , but doesnt clear it up. What do you think it could be. Its never itchy i thought i might have psoriasis but all the articles ive read say that psoriasis is very itchy. People often coment on it and ask me what did i do to my elbow, its quite ugly to look at. I find myself covering my elbow all the time now.
From the symptoms allergic reaction, eczema or frictional lichenoid dermatitis needs to be ruled out. You can take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. Also consult a dermatologist as you may need topical steroids.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.