stinging skin

my skin stings constantly. no rashes of any sort....no festers. just stinging skin. it hurts to wear clothes ,to be touched, and yet no matter what I do I can not get relief.... Its driving me crazy. Its not in just one spot. all  over even in my hair and never lets up. what can I do

This discussion is related to stinging burning prickley skin.
It can be due to some underlying neurological cause, parasthesia or neurodermatitis skin. It can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency, neurological causes or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. If the symptoms persist then get the above mentioned possibilities ruled out from a neurologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.