sun sores

In the summer when I am outside in the sun I get these horrible sores on my bottom lip, it is actually like one big sore that covers half my lip. This just started last year. None of the lip balms I've tried help. Could this be a form of skin cancer,I'm really scared? If not what is it and what can I do to prevent this other than staying out of the sun.
Sun damage may make the lips, especially the lower lip, hard and dry. Red speckles or a white filmy look signal damage that increases the chance of subsequent cancer. This type of damage can be reduced by covering the lips with a lip balm containing sunscreen or by shielding the face from the sun's harmful rays with a wide-brimmed hat.

If the symptoms persist then get a dermatologist’s evaluation done.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.