Dermatology Forum

tattoo removal

I have a small tattoo on my inner ankle that I have had for five years.  What is the least painless, least scarring method of removal?  And where do I look for a reputable doctor for this procedure?
Maddy:

Laser is the on;y nonscarring removal method.  Using cream anesthesia or injections, it's not very painful.  Black is easiest; colors take more treatments.  You should expect to need several monthly treatments, and some pigment may remain.  To find a reputable place, call the dermatologists in your area.  Price is important, since the treatment is pretty standard.  Questions to ask: Do you treat many tattoos?  Do you have lasers for all the colors of my tattoo?  Cost should be in the range of $150 per treatment.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions