Avatar universal

thich, slightly raised, sometimes itchy patch on face

long story short, I used a face mask about a year ago, and I seriously think it gave me chemical burns.  it burned so bad I had to take it off, and my face was horrible and raw for months.

anyways, it started to heal, but then a small red bump (that I thought was a zit) appeared on my cheek under my eye. I'm not sure if the face mask and the rash I have are related or not, but I figured I would throw that in there.

the "zit" on my face developed into a rash, which I thought was healing, but then it developed into a single, circular, slightly raised, thick, and sometimes itchy patch of dry, red, flaky skin.

it is impossible to cover with makeup, because it just makes it look even flakier.
but without makeup it is extremely noticeable and red.

sometimes it hurts, but only if I poke it with my nail.

I have no idea what it is.  It simply will not go away.
I've been washing my face quite a lot lately,
I tried putting alcohol on it,
and then aquaphor for dryness and healing.
but nothing.
it will not go away.

it doesn't bleed or leak any type of fluid, or anything like that.
but i am extremely worried because I searched skin rash and got a bunch of pages about skin cancer.
I don't think it is skin cancer though.

also... I am worried that it could possibly be the start of some type of flesh eating disease from bread mold
(as I found some old bread, and accidently inhailed some as I was tying up the trash bag I put it in.

idk it could be anything.

sorry this is so long. I just figured the more details i gave the more helpful it might be if someone else had this problem.

please help me!!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1340994 tn?1374193977
To combat poisons like mold in our everyday environment, it is helpful to take a probiotic every day.  Align is good, but very expensive.  

Your skin problem may be fungal. You can use Lotrimin cream on your face.  If it is ringworm fungus, it should clear after the two-week treatment or whatever the tube says.  If it comes back after carefully following directions, it could be seborrheic dermatitis, and here is an article on that:

Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
This dry, itchy red patch can be due to an eczematous patch. Wash your face with Dove or Cetaphil and take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions