tinea versicolor home remedies

From what I've read, I have a very mild case of tinea versicolor. I have counted four white-ish dots on my chest and one on my back. I have read that tea tree oil has worked for some people. I will try it but I'm wondering if now I will have this for the rest of my life? Do you know of any other at-home or OTC remedies?

I understand it's not contageous but could you explain how I might've "inspired" tinea versicolor to appear?

-- Side note: I also have the chicken-skin disease (Keratosis pilaris) on my arms (also very mild) is there an at-home or OTC remedy for that you can suggest?

Any information is appreciated!!
Pityriasis versicolor is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.
Most cases of pityriasis versicolor respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

Regarding keratosis pilaris,it occurs when the human body produces excess keratin, a natural protein in the skin. There is currently no known cure for keratosis pilaris, however, there are effective treatments available which make its symptoms less apparent. Treatment includes tretinoin or Triamcinolone cream or Adapalene, a retinoid medication. Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing creams, creams and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.