Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

tingles from herpes or paranoia

i had sex with dec 2, and woke up with what looked like a crinkle in my skin on my upper lip it was not red or painful, i popped a blackhead in that area as i do whenever i notice one, and it was particulary long pus line, after that the area got red and scabbed and then got better but still looked crinkly, at this point i started searching oral herpes symptoms and what not and photos, nothing looked like what i had but i started to notice tingling. it appeared to get "crinkly" on the other side of my upper lip a couple weeks later and i am paranoid to try although there appears to be a blackhead or zit when i flatten out my lip, its not red and doesnt hurt but sometimes i think it tingles. none of this happened or transpired within any timeline i have read about on the interenet, is this just some sort of skin abnormality i cant seem to find, or is it possible to be herpes? Thanks
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,

From your symptoms,it looks like a boil. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.But it is also important to rule out herpes completely. It is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.

The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and get it ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions