Dermatology Forum

tiny red spots

HI, I have got to say this is a very interesting and hepful forum!!  I was just wondering what the formal definition of peteciae (I guess that is how you spell it) is.  I have several individual ones on my body (one on my stomach, two on my thigh, one on each are and a couple on my hands.  One of them I have had forever.  They are about the size of pin pricks and to tell you the truth I do not even know how I saw them.  I was trying to find info. on the internet about them, but all I could find was there relation to leukemia and other horrible diseases!!!  This is really scaring me, I have had them every once in a while for as long as I can remember.  
  Are these something I need to be worried about?  
Are there any causes for them that are not disease related?  Sometimes it seems like I have more on my chest right when I get out of a hot shower (rarely, last time that happened was about a year ago)
Lauren:

From your description, I'm really not sure what red spots you are describing, but they are most likely to be either cherry angiomas (benign collections of blood vessels) or blocked follicles.  Either way, I wouldn't worry if I were you.  next time you have a checkup, show your doctor.

Best.

Dr. R
I have the same red marks, however, the ones I've got don't disapear & reapear. I have about 5 or 6 that, throughout my life, just apeared. Along with alot of other moles. The ones I'm concerned about are the red ones, because a friend told me that his doctor mentioned that it could be related to liver problems. Could you give me more info?
Im so glad I found this forum!  I have several little bumps - they are not like a rash - but they are blood red!  One here, one there..  I've just noticed about 7 or 8 throughout my body (not arms, legs or head).  EKK!  What is it!!??!  It does not bother me - not itchy or hurt - but I'm kinda worried!
Thanks!
I HAVE LITTLE RED DOTS ON MY ARMS,CHEST, AND A FEW ON MY HANDS AND SHOULDERS. THEY LOOK LIKE PIN DOTS AS WELL. THEY NEVER GO AWAY.THEY DO NOT HURT OR ITCH. I STARTED GETTING ONE OR TWO ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO AND NOW I AM FINDING MANY MORE ON MY SKIN.
THEY LOOK LIKE A DARK RED DOT WITH A LIGHT RED SHADOW AROUND THEM.IF I PULL THE SKIN AWAY FROM THE DOT, THE RED SHADOW GOES AWAY AND THEN COMES BACK WHEN I LET GO. CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME SOME CLUES ON THIS.
I also have tiny red dots on my stomach chest and a few on my
legs, they don't itch or bother me but I just want to know
what they are.Please Help!!!!
I also have red spots that have appeared over the past two months and
they appear in a row in threes with a spaces between them. I went to
my doctor and she told me they were Campbell de Morgan spots and
told me to read up on them.  They are supposed to usually appear
mainly on the trunk part of the body, but I have them on the inside of
my thighs and some on my arms.  I have not been able to find the
cause of these - is it something in the enviroment, electronics,
digital sound waves????  Even though these are not painful, and I
do have small moles, I find them ugly.  I do know they can be removed
by laser by a dermatologist.  I want to find out how to prevent them.

I also have these tiny red dots on my upper body (mainly chest) but I don't have but a couple on my arms and legs. Is there any further information anyone can give for these? I haven't been to a doctor--they don't bother me a bit, just the appearance. It seems like there would have to be some other cause for them than something horrible, because I would think everyone would have some other type symptoms if there was a major health problem occuring.
i have pimple like spots that appear then are gone a few days later. they are either on my arms, legs, or back. do you know what it could be and what  i can do to stop it or relieve the problem. maybe its the soap im using. these spots hurt if i give alot of pressure to them. can you please get back.
ARe you guys redheads by any chance? I have the same thing going and all along thought it might be a "redhead thing"
I too have just noticed in the last month a bunch of little, tiny red dots on my inner arms, a few on my stomach and a few on my thighs. They're also not like a rash and they don't itch or bother me but they are really scaring me. I have been searching on the internet looking for descriptions of what they could be from and that has really scared me. I do have dry skin, but I don't think that's what is causing this. Could they be an allergic reaction?Please help!!!
I have cherry angiomas on my hands, chest and face.  In all I had about 20 "red dots".  I had them treated at the Beckman Laser Institute in Irvine by Dr. Stuart Nelson.  I was very pleased with the outcome.  If they really bother you laser is the best way to go.  The red dots instantly vanish and is followed by brusing that lasts about 1 week.
I also have some red dots on my arm. I have a lot of them on the inside of my right arm, soem on the right hand side of my breast plate. I also had some on my back, but they went away. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE. I am seeing a dermatologist on Friday and he gives me any clues i will post on this site. I think they might be caused by stress.
Please give me some clues as to what they are, they are really worrying me. Amanda, what you posted is exactly what i have.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions