to ashamed to leave the house without camoflage makeup. havent left house now for the last 4 years

hello,  its might seem a small thing but facial thread veins or telangiectasis has really ruined my life. im not being dramatic about it, its just im so ashamed of my face.  maybe a connection is both my parents being alcholics and i dont want people to assume that im the same. i dont even like drink.  but the question i wanted to ask you is about all these new laser treatments that are gonna "cure" the problem.  several years ago i went to a doctor, i live in belfast who used the ipl treatment (cooling gel and elastic band snap) and he told me that i would be left with white clear vein free skin, but i wasnt.  he took a before picture. after about 9 treatments and £1000.00 later no change to my face. he said i could have my before picture back (i assumed he'd bin it) so i took it. i think he was just in it for money, he was very blazy a bit of a bully and what a car!.  anyway im waffling and this is all wasting your time. so my question is should i try laser treatment again?. i so want to.  would another laser give better results?.   i have read sites where doctors regret buying a particular laser machine as the results where very poor for them.  so if doctors can get taken in im sure i can.   i also have scalp psoriasis which encroaches in small patches at the edges. would laser work or would i be allowed to have laser done with that condition?.  i get psoriasis because i dont leave the house and my diet can be very unhealthy. i can also do a diet that clears the psoriasis and would it be wise to have no psoriasis before trying laser again. i would really appreciate any help you can give me. i drink 2 litres of water a day, take every supplement and tinture thats supposed to help the problem. is there any data anywhere on a websitewhich i could find out up to date information that rates the success or not of different laser machines. or any chat rooms on the condition that would offer their experience that i havent found. id travel any where, dont care if it hurts and will pay whatever it costs. i apologise for going on as from reading your website you help people a lot worse of than me, but i do any treatment (experimental) to get out and try and live a productive life. thank you for listening to me and i am very grateful first that i found your site and any help your able to give me.
kind regards,
jacqui bradley
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Dont apologise we are happy to hear from you and give you any input and pearls of Wisdom we may have,your post was very informative and interesting, Skin disorders are a pain literaly to deal with arent they,especially psoriasis,are you sure your face ruins your life ,perhaps the person inside is what people really like , however I understand we all want to look our best, I think you should do your diet first then the Laser treatment,as you have a clear run at it then, does the diet work well I have heard of diets but not found out the out come. Keep in touch with us.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community