Dermatology Forum

unidentified oral blister

I had some blisters on my inner cheeks of my mouth.  They are either a clear sac with clear fluid or a clear sac with blood.  They "grow" in size very quickly (in a matter of hours).  I pop them after they are about 1/4" because it is irritating to feel them with my tongue.  They do not hurt or itch or anything, but they "grow" back almost immediately. There aren't any other noticeable symptoms - no crust, no pus, no scars or excessive redness.  After about 10 or so, they stop appearing.   Nothing stings or hurts.  I tried to wait to see a doctor, but one popped by itself within a couple of hours.  I've only had a few outbreaks, all within the last two years and have been under a lot of stress.  Also I took a blood test last week and am negative on hep b,c, hiv and herpes 1 but tested positive for herpes 2.  I've never had any symptoms as listed on line.  Is this herpes 2 or stress?  I believe I might have a false positive test and plan to be retested immediately.  These blisters do not match anything I've researched on line.
They don't match anything I know about either.  There are diseases which cause oral blisters, but the blisters persist, unlike the ones you describe.  Herpes generally doesn't affect the inside of the mouth.

I think that for a proper diagnosis, you will need to have someone see an actual one.

I understand that it is hard to show a doctor something so briefly present, but I will say that if the blisters are that short-lived, I can't imagine that it's anything serious.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Wow, I was seaching the web because I have the same exact thing!
What the hell is it? I scheduled an appointement with my doctor, but because it was painless, it went away when my appointment was up. Now two days later it came back. Its painless and grows pretty darn fast.  Have yet to pop it but it just feels funny in my mouth. Please let me know if you find anyting out.
I have similar experience.  The blister was small and was on the bottom of my tongue.  It filled with blood.  It bursted itself in about 12 hours or less. It happened to me about 6 times in the past 2 years.  Like to know what cause it.
Read up on "Angina Bullosa Haemorrhagica". These tend to be benign "blood blisters" on the oral mucosa of unknown origin. You might find your answers there....
I have the same thing! 7 days ago on Sat. afternoon I noticed my first one, it went away by Sun morning. Then Monday morning I started to get another one, made an Dr. appt for later in the day. Within 2 hours it burst. So I cancelled the appt., then today it reappeared! It is a small clear blister on the inside of my cheek. Being a female, I just had my yearly exam last month, I was tested for all STD's, even the ones that only show up in blood tests. Everything was fine. My boyfriend and I were together for the first time with each other on Friday. Does anyone know if a STD would show up that fast? (12 hours) I have been under a huge amount of stress the past month, especially the past week. The blisters directly concided with the stressful events that took place. So I also ask, STD ot stress?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions